Skagen Watches continues the transition from regular watches to smartwatches with the Skagen Falster smartwatch. The Skagen Falster is a fashionable new full Wear OS Skagen smartwatch. With other smartwatches from Huawei, LG and Moto also in the running, does the Skagen smartwatch do enough for us to recommend it over those well established tech brands? The Skagen Falster offers a number of minimalistic watch faces with the Skagen branding at various points on the dial. You can even use a face which includes world time or temperature in various locations around the world, offering you an at-a-glance view of different timezones. Typical for Android Wear OS systems you can usually change the display by pressing and holding down the watch face.
Unfortunately the battery charge on this smartwatch lasts about a day on one charge although with busy days, the battery may run down sooner as notifications may well flood the screen. The Skagen Falster full Wear OS works with both Android smartphones and iOS. In order to package all the hi tech electronics into such a fine slim case, Skagen have opted not use GPS, LTE connectivity, or even a heart-rate monitor. So just to clarify this is not a workout master companion. However, if you’re looking for a bare-bones, very chic and high fashion wearable smartwatch, Skagen ticks all the boxes very eloquently.
This means that the Skagen Falster is basically a very stylish and improved fitness tracker and notification system with superior user experience compared to lets say a fitness tracker from the likes of Fitbit. The Skagen Falster at 42mm is fairly compact, and more importantly, it doesn’t look like a smartwatch. Those of us who don’t want to look like we’re wearing robotic Kinder eggs on our wrists will enjoy the chic Danish design and elegance coupled with the smartwatch features on offer to make an all round multi functional modern day and night time smartwatch for a busy and active professional lifestyle. Click here to read the in detail Skagen Falster Review.
- The Falster Smartwatch boasts an interactive touchscreen and a range of smart features powered with Wear OS by Google including: Google Assistant, smartphone notifications, activity tracking, world time, weather and more.
- Choose from time- or function-based displays for easy access to your favorite features, and add your favorite third-party apps from the App Store or Google Play.
- Features customizable dials with easy accessibility to favorite features. Interchangeable straps compatible with all SKAGEN brand 20mm straps.
- Effortlessly charge your Falster by placing it on the inductive charging magnet (included). A single charge provides up to 24 hours of battery life, depending on usage.
- Powered with Wear OS by Google, a trademark of Google LLC, Your wearable is compatible with Android and iOS smartphones, specifically with Android OS 4.4+ (excluding Go) or iOS 9.3+. All devices have Bluetooth(R) 4.1 Low Energy and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n , To avoid damage to your watch, only use with included charger ,Do not use a USB hub, USB splitter, USB y-cable, battery pack or other peripheral device to charge
Last update on 2018-06-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / All Prices incl. tax, excl. shipping