The Ultimate Tudor Watch Review 2019 with top rated customer reviews.Some people somehow perceive Tudor to be a kind of cut-price Rolex type brand. Sure we can agree that the Tudor brand is definately a lot more affordable. However there is a lot more that is similar than dis-similar. For example Tudor’s resemblance to Rolex are more than superficial. Actually both brands were founded by the same watchmaker and share many components! Therefore you can rest assured be at ease with the top quality and heritage that Tudor watches bring to the table …
Simply CLICK the green product BUTTONS for more details …
Best Tudor watches for SALE
Table of Contents
Simply CLICK the green product BUTTONS for more details …
- Model M79250BM-0001
- Movement: 21 jewels MIYOTA Automatic(self-winding) movement
- Dial: Black sterial dial with luminous hands and marks; white marks...
- Case Material: Polished solid 316L stainless steel case. 20ATM water...
- Strap: 22mm width leather strap. Clasp type: Deployant Buckle.
- Glass: Sapphire glass. Function: date adjust display .Blue turing...
- Classic, simple, versatile design with large, Calendar display
- Stainless steel round shaped case
- Protective mineral glass dial window and anti-scrape
- High quality stainless steel band and top class alloy
- Automatic self-winding movement
- Round watch featuring unidirectional black dive bezel with gold-tone...
- Additional features include push-down crown and magnified date window...
- 40 mm two-tone stainless steel case with sapphire dial window,...
- Japanese quartz movement with analog display
- Water resistant to 30 m Waterproof for daily care ,not for swimming...
- Self-winding automatic movement - an Eco-friendly choice for...
- Automatic self-winding movement with analog display and anti...
- Date calendar, water-resistant
- Silver-tone titanium case with grey dial
- Water resistant to 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet : suitable for...
- Showtime Ent. (01/01/2008)
- DVD, Unrated (Not Rated)
- Running time: 556 minutes
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Henry Cavill, Anthony Brophy, James Frain, Sarah...
- English, Spanish
How Good are Tudor watches?
Tudor and Rolex both share the same founder, Hans Wilsdorf, who founded founded Rolex some 41 years before the Tudor brandearlier. With Rolex established as his flagship brand.
Wilsdorf idea was to appeal to a broader market with the more affordable Tudor brand. Wilsdorf declared in a 1952 full-page newspaper advert, ‘I have been considering a watch that … could sell at a more modest price than our Rolex watches…’
Tudor watches and Rolex watches share almost all parts with their Rolex big brother watches including cases, crowns, hands, dials, bracelets and crystals. That amounts to almost everything.
Having said the above one would logically ask, where was money saved then? The answer is that money was typically saved using cheaper watch movement. This meant using less accurate movements from the likes of Fleurier.
This combination of affordability and the dependability of a Rolex attracted many military customers to the Tudor brand including the French, Canadian and US Navies.
During the quartz crisis, a slow and almost irreversible decline of Tudor occurred. Consequently Tudor watches entered something of a hibernation period, retreating out of many markets. This left Rolex to build on its growing popularity in all markets.
The rest is history, everyone has seen the phenominal strenght and growth of Rolex. A good way to quantify the growth can be expressed by comparing the price of the Rolex Submariner since the start of the new millennium.
Amazingly the price of the Submariner has doubled. It is quite evident from the social media buzz and profiling that the Rolex brand has moved onwards and upwards to new heights in it’s prestige.
In the meantime Rolex decided the time was right to re-invigorate the Tudor brand with a kind of reboot in 2010.
Tudor watches are the perfect fashion accessory
Tudor’s resurrection was greatly facilitated with the introduction of the Heritage line, starting with the Heritage Chrono.
2012 was a great year with the astonishing news that the Heritage Black Bay and Pelagos dominating the Baselworld watch show. Most would agree that sure the Pelagos did bring something new to the table, generally the Heritage models were positioned to bring more colour and flamboyancy to the market than Rolex would allow for itself.
Tudor Watches are the perfect accessory to and take with you wherever you go. Take a look at our individual product featured reviews to get a more in depth appreciation of each product specification as well as our own Full Review and analysis.
What would Hans Wilsdorf think about all this development over the years? In that 1952 advert, he also wrote, ‘The instructions I gave that Tudor must be the best possible watch that could be made to sell at a medium price, have been magnificently carried out.’ What do you all think? Would he say the same today?
Lets take the the Rolex Submariner as the benchmark. If we do then the Tudor watch is a top class viable alternative with remarkable features and specification for its price.
Yes sure when compared to Rolex, it will lag behind with regard to details but it has no real rival at its price point that are better. So according to the marketing genius of Mr. Wilsdorf it appears that Tudor has performed to his requirements and maybe if he were still alive today he would be proud to give the Tudor watch brand his personal endorsement.
Tudor watch review – Tudor watches any good?
Tudor watch review by watchiwatches
Hope this Tudor watch review has helped you with a little extra insight into the Tudor watch brand. why not consider comparing it to peer group Top 10 Watch Brands? Try our Compare watch brands category on the main menu.
Compare Tudor watches
Looking to compare Tudor with other Luxury watches?
Tudor vs Rolex
Here is a good starting point to compare Tudor vs Rolex watch review.
Watchiwatches is the best review site with the best luxury watch reviews. Hope you have found this Tudor watch review useful helping you to find your favorite Tudor watch. Tudor is a sister company to Rolex. You can view our Rolex reviews in the Rolex watch review to find the watch most suitable for you.
Cover Image and licence coutesy of Flikr.com
Last update on 2019-09-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / All Prices incl. tax, excl. shipping.